Adjacent to the campus of the Mayo Clinic, First Presbyterian Church has served residents and visitors for 150 years. If you are in Rochester for a brief medical stay or live in the Rochester area, the congregation invites you to attend our worship service, programs and activities and make First Presbyterian Church your church home.
The mission of the First Presbyterian Church of Rochester is to reflect God’s love for all people by proclaiming the Gospel of Jesus Christ. First Presbyterian Church of Rochester, Minn. is a proud member of the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.).
The mission of the First Presbyterian Church of Rochester is to reflect God’s love for all people by proclaiming the Gospel of Jesus Christ. To accomplish this, our church shall work toward the following goals:
- To nurture the members of the church with a strong worship experience and compassionate pastoral leadership
- To encourage active participation in worship by individuals and families
- To strengthen faith and commitment by promoting vital Christian education, music, and fellowship programs for all ages
- To be a caring church community that ministers to individual needs
- To recognize our unique opportunity to minister to the spiritual needs of visitors to the Medical Center.
- To share our faith through mission and social concern outreach in both the local and world community
- To maintain strong ties with Presbytery, Synod and the General Assembly of the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.) and to fulfill our responsibilities toward these bodies.
Approved by the Session, April 20, 2004